Grace Baptist Church believes we are all saved by God’s Grace. Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ paid it all; we only need to accept His divine gift of GRACE and SALVATION.
Grace Baptist Church is a local independent Baptist Church located in beautiful Orem, Utah serving Orem and the surrounding areas. We focus on Sharing the word of God, Educating and Empowering Disciples, and Encouraging and Strengthening Families, Fortifying believers through fellowship, serving the community, and declaring the “only” true God throughout Utah County.
Grace Baptist Church is a JOYFUL, OBEDIENT, and FAITHFUL house of God where you can find the love and grace of God within its walls. We study from the King James Version of the Holy Bible and believe it to be the “true” and “complete” word of God. We believe it has, indeed, been kept “WHOLE” by God through men who translated and carried it down through the generations for us to read, ponder, and learn from today. We believe it to be a true tool in helping us develop our relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
We, as a church unite for regular weekly services, monthly luncheons and fellowships, prayer meetings, youth activities, community outreach programs and so much more. We believe in being reverent and yet in having happiness and joy in Christ; and we display this through our music, activities, prayers and Bible studies. We offer children’s classes, nursery, and a children’s choir during Sunday Services.
If you are looking for a house of God where you can pray, have other believers pray with you, study the “true” word of God and trust in it, and have fun and joy in your relationship with God, Jesus Christ, and your fellow believers, then Grace Baptist Church is the place of worship you have been searching for. We are like a huge family who help and encourage each other and truly love one another, and we are always praying for our family to grow. We invite you to come and be a part of our family too. Come “home” to God’s Grace at Grace Baptist Church.
Our Statement of Faith.
A. The Holy Scriptures.
We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the verbally and plenarily inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant, infallible and God-breathed and therefore, are the final authority for faith and life. The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testament are the complete and divine revelation of God to man. The Scriptures shall be interpreted according to their normal grammatical-historical meaning. The King James Version of the Holy Bible shall be the official and only translation used by this church. (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:20-21)
We believe that the Scriptures interpreted in their natural,, literal sense reveal divinely determined dispensations or rules of life which define man’s responsibilities in successive ages. These dispensations are not ways of salvation, but rather are divinely ordered stewardships by which God directs man according to His purpose. Three of these dispensations- the law, the church, and the kingdom- are the subjects of detailed revelation in Scripture. (Gen. 1:28; 1 Cor. 9:17; 2 Cor. 3:9-18; Gal. 3:13-25; Eph. 1:10; 3:2-10; Col. 1:24-25; 27; Rev. 20:2-6)
C. The Godhead.
We believe in one triune God, eternally existing in three persons- Father, Son and Holy Spirit- each co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; John 14:10, 26; 2Cor. 13:14)
D. The Person and Work of Christ.
1. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men. (Isa. 7:14; 9:6: Luke 1:35; John 1:1-2, 14; 2Cor. 5:19-21; Gal. 4:4-5; Phil. 2:5-8)
2. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead. (Acts 2:18-36; Rom. 3:24-25; Eph. 1:7; 1Peter 1:3-5)
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate. (Acts 1:9-10; Rom. 8:34; Heb. 9:24; 7:25; 1John 2:1-2)
E. The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit.
1. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and, that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption. (John 16:8-11; Rom. 8:9; 1Cor. 12:12-14; 2Cor. 3:6; Eph. 1:13-14)
2. We believe that He is the divine Teacher who assists believers to understand and appropriate the Scriptures and that it is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled with the Spirit. (Eph. 1:17-18; 5:18; 1John 2:20, 27)
3. We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowal of spiritual gifts to every believer. God uniquely uses evangelists, pastors, and teachers to equip believers in the assembly in order that they can do the work of the ministry. (Rom. 12:3-8; 1Cor. 12:4-11; Eph. 4:7-12)
4. We believe that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues and the gift of healing, were temporary. Speaking in tongues was never the common or necessary sign of the baptism or filling of the Holy Spirit. Ultimate deliverance of the body from sickness or death awaits the consummation of our salvation in the resurrection, though God frequently chooses to answer the prayers of believers for physical healing. (1Cor. 1:22; 13:8; 14:21-22)
*To learn more about our church an beliefs, we invite you to visit us and come to one of our services.
300 South 1200 West
Orem, UT 84058